We Want You To Love It
As a company known for its quality, we want you to be completely satisfied. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, we will accept returns and exchanges of unworn, unwashed or defective merchandise and unopened fragrance with a valid receipt. Returns to Talbots Retail stores & by mail to our Distribution Center will be accepted within 90 days of purchase. Returns to Talbots Outlet & Company stores will be accepted within 30 days of purchase. During the holiday season, November 1, 2020 through December 24, 2020, returns and exchanges will be accepted at our Talbots Outlet & Company stores until January 31, 2021.
- Talbots Retail stores & our Distribution Center (returns by mail) can only accept returns of merchandise purchased from Talbots Retail stores, online or phone orders
- Talbots Outlet & Company stores can only accept returns of merchandise purchased from Talbots Outlet & Company stores
- Talbots Clearance store purchases are Final Sale
Refunds will be credited to your original form of payment, with limited exceptions. If the original form of payment was a gift card or the merchandise being returned was received as a gift, the method of refund will be a merchandise credit. Merchandise credits have many benefits: they never expire, they are linked to your account so that you will not need to keep track of a tangible card, our associates (in our stores and ordering through our catalog) will be able to look up your balance, and your balance will be printed on your receipt. Merchandise credits are unable to be used to purchase Talbots Gift Cards.
If your original form of payment was cash or a check, a corporate check may be issued within 7-10 business days.
If you do not have a receipt or we are unable to locate an electronic purchase, but the merchandise is still ticketed and returned within 90/30 days as indicated above, a merchandise credit will be issued for the current selling price, including all applicable discounts and promotions. Valid identification is required for returns and exchanges made without a receipt.
Merchandise purchased as final sale is unable to be returned or exchanged.
Talbots Gift Cards are for merchandise purchases only and are unable to be used to purchase other Talbots Gift Cards. Gift Cards can be redeemed at any Talbots store, online at talbots.com or by calling 1.800.825.2687. They do not have an expiration date, are not returnable, in whole or in part, and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or check (except as required by law) or used as a credit or for payment on a Talbots Credit Card.
Easy Returns and Exchanges
Returns and exchanges are subject to our return policy [link].
To return to our Distribution Center by mail:
- Fill out the Return Form enclosed with your package or include your original store receipt.
- For safety reasons, please ensure there are no pins/ staples left on any merchandise or in your return package.
- Attach the pre-paid SmartPost® label that came with your order.
- Give it to your postal carrier or ship it via USPS. Please note that a handling fee of $7.95 will be charged against your original method of payment.
The pre-paid shipping label can be used only on packages returned from a U.S. address. You are not required to use the pre-paid label. You may label the package yourself and ship it, pre-paid and insured, using the shipping provider of your choice to:
Talbots Customer Returns
1 Talbots Way
Lakeville, MA 02348
Please include the Return Form enclosed with your package (noting reason for return on the back) or your original store receipt. Please allow up to two billing cycles for refunds to appear on your credit card statement. Original shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.