Frequently Asked Questions
Redeeming Gift Cards
I deleted the e-mail notifying me of how to pick-up my e-Gift Card. What should I do?
You can chat online with one of our Customer Service Specialists or call 1-800-992-9010, and we'll be happy to assist you.
Where can I redeem my e-Gift Card or Gift Card?
A Talbots e-Gift Card or Gift Card may be redeemed for merchandise at talbots.com, through catalogs and at any Talbots, Talbots Outlet or Clearance store in the United States and Canada.
How do I redeem my e-Gift Card or Gift Card online?
At checkout, click on the link "Apply Gift Card" Enter the 10-digit number of your e-Gift Card and recipient Email, or enter the number from the back of your Gift Card or Merchandise Credit. On some cards, the number is hidden under a scratch off.
How do I redeem my e-Gift Card or Gift Card for a catalog order?
Call 1-800-TALBOTS (1-800-825-2687) and place your order. At checkout, give your Personal Shopper the 10-digit number and dollar amount of your e-Gift Card, or the card number and dollar amount of your Gift Card or Merchandise Credit.
How do I redeem my e-Gift Card or Gift Card in Talbots stores?
Bring your e-Gift Card (after first printing it out), Gift Card or Merchandise Credit to any Talbots, Talbots Outlet or Clearance store and present it to a Sales Associate at time of purchase.
What if the amount of my e-Gift Card or Gift Card is greater than my purchase total?
If the amount of your e-Gift Card is greater than the amount of your purchase, you will receive a Merchandise Credit for the difference. If the amount of your Gift Card is greater than the amount of your purchase, the difference will show as a balance on your Gift Card.
What if the amount of my e-Gift Card or Gift Card is less than my purchase total?
If the amount of your e-Gift Card or Gift Card is less than the amount of your purchase, the difference can be paid with any of the following payment methods: Talbots Credit Card, MasterCard®, VISA®, American Express®, Discover®, or Check/Money Order sent through the mail (check must be in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank; Postal Money Orders must be in U.S. funds).
How do I apply for a Talbots Credit Card?
There are three ways to apply:
- Apply Now using our real-time online credit application. You can access Talbots Credit Card at any time by simply clicking on the link in the bottom navigation bar from anywhere on our site.
- Apply in any of our store locations.
- Apply by phone - if you reside in the USA or US territories, call toll-free 1-800-TALBOTS (1-800-825-2687).
Save 15% on your Talbots Credit Card merchandise purchase once your Talbots Credit Card application is approved.
How do I check my Talbots Credit Card account balance?
- You can access Talbots Credit Card at any time by simply clicking on the link in the bottom navigation bar from anywhere on our site.
- Call one of our Customer Service Specialists:
- From the U.S., call toll free 1-800-225-8204 (TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788).
- From Canada -- call toll free 1-800-992-9010.
- E-mail us at Talbots@service.comenity.net
Where do I mail my Talbots Credit Card payment?
For Talbots Credit Card accounts issued by Comenity Bank, payments can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 659617
San Antonio, TX 78265-9617
How do I update my personal information?
There are three easy ways to update your information:
- By mail: enter your updated information on the back of your Talbots Credit Card statement payment slip.
- By phone: Call 1-800-225-8204 to speak with a Customer Care Specialist.
- By e-mail: E-mail us at Talbots@service.comenity.net
How do I receive 15% off for opening a Talbots Credit Card?
- As soon as your Talbots Credit Card application is approved, you immediately receive 15% off* your Talbots Credit Card purchase.
- If you apply online or by phone and are approved immediately, when you place an order at the same time, your new Talbots Credit Card number will be applied as your method of payment and you will automatically receive 15% off* that purchase.
*Discount applies to the merchandise purchase made with your Talbots Credit Card. Offer is not combinable with other offers. The offer cannot be applied toward prior purchases, gift card or e-gift card purchases or redeemed for cash. Sales tax, and shipping and handling fees do not count toward the merchandise total and will be added. Online, discount will appear on the review page and be reflected in the item price.
How do I receive free shipping with my Premier Card?
Premier Talbots Credit Cardholders receive free standard shipping (arrives 3-7 business days after shipping date) on all talbots.com and catalog purchases to one shipping address within the US or Canada, when a valid Talbots Credit Card is used as method of payment. Discount will appear on the Review page in Checkout. Additional charges may apply if you choose express delivery and/or multiple shipping addresses. All applicable duties and taxes will be paid by the package recipient.
How do I receive 10% off for Enrolling in Classic Awards Loyalty?
- Once you have successfully enrolled, you immediately receive 10% off* your merchandise purchase made at that time.
- If you enroll online or by phone and place an order at the same time, you will automatically receive 10% off* that purchase. The discount will be reflected in the item price.
*Offer is not combinable with other offers. The offer cannot be applied toward prior purchases, gift card or e-gift card purchases or redeemed for cash. Sales tax, and shipping and handling fees do not count toward the merchandise total and will be added. Online, discount will be reflected in the item price.
What is the Classic Awards program?
The Classic Awards program is our loyalty program which entitles members to earn rewards, and enjoy exclusive offers. Classic Awards consists of three participation levels:
- Classic Awards | Loyalty - The easiest, most flexible way to earn $25 Rewards. It's not a credit card, so you can pay any way you want. A Talbots Credit Card is not required.
- Talbots Credit Card - Our signature loyalty program. You'll earn points faster, plus enjoy other exclusive benefits.
- Talbots Credit Premier - To become a distinguished Premier member, you must spend $1000 annually on your Talbots Credit Card. When you do, the benefits are even richer.
Click here to learn more.
What are the benefits of the Classic Awards program?
Click here to compare the benefits of each participation level.
- Earn points everywhere they shop Talbots - stores, catalog, online
- Receive a $25 Reward at 500 points. Rewards are issued monthly.
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter filled with insider tips and special offers.
- Online account management, with 24-hour access.
- Enjoy access to exclusive offers and events.
The Classic Awards program is available only to customers residing in the United States, including U.S. Territories, and Canada.
How do I enroll in the Classic Awards program?
Classic Awards Loyalty: Not a credit card, you can earn rewards and pay any way you want.
- Online, enroll now in Classic Awards Loyalty. It just takes a minute to enroll once you are registered at MyTalbots.
- In our stores, pick up a brochure at the register and ask an associate to assist you.
- Call us at 1-800-TALBOTS (1-800-825-2687).
Talbots Credit Card
- Apply in any of our store locations.
- Apply by phone - if you reside in the USA, or US territories, call toll-free 1-1-800-TALBOTS (1-800-825-2687).
Do I have to keep my Classic Awards Loyalty card with me?
In store, the Associate can look up your Loyalty number by phone or email at checkout. Online, simply sign into your MyTalbots account and click "Register Loyalty Card" to link your card, or create a new MyTalbots account and enter your Loyalty number during signup.
I lost my Classic Awards Loyalty card. How do I order a new one?
To replace a lost Classic Awards Loyalty card, please call 1-800-TALBOTS (1-800-825-2687).
Can anyone in my household or family use my Classic Awards Loyalty card?
No. The Classic Awards program is for individuals only. The member named on the account is the only person who can use that card.
How do I check my Classic Awards point balance?
- Online, sign in with your e-mail address and password. Click "Points History" under Classic Awards. Note: you must first register your card to view point balance information in MyTalbots.
- Chat online. A customer service specialist is standing by to answer your questions online, in real time.
- Call toll-free from the U.S. 1-877-825-2687.
- E-mail us at Customer Service.
What happens to my unused points if I have less than 500 at the end of the calendar year?
All Classic Awards members have rolling points. Rolling points means that points do not expire on December 31st but are good for 12 months from the time of purchase. This gives you more time to earn $25 Rewards.
It's easy to track your Classic Awards points: Create an online account and register your Credit Card or Classic Awards Loyalty card for online access to your Classic Awards account information. You may also chat online with a Customer Service Specialist or call us toll-free 1-877-825-2687.
What is the Birthday Bonus?
The Classic Awards Birthday Bonus* is a savings opportunity valid on all Talbots merchandise purchases for one full day in our stores, through our catalog or online during the month of your birthday. Once you've registered your birth month, you'll receive an exclusive birthday greeting and offer at the beginning of your birthday month. Compare the benefits here.
*The Birthday Bonus is available only to Classic Awards members residing in the United States, including U.S. Territories, and in Canada. The Birthday program may be modified or discontinued at any time.
The Birthday bonus:
- Can be used on any Talbots merchandise purchase
- Is valid for one full day during the birthday month
- Has no cash value
- Is not transferable
- Is for promotional purposes only, without any money or other thing of value being given in exchange
How do I receive my Birthday Bonus?
Talbots Credit Cardholders will receive a birthday card via regular mail. Classic Awards Loyalty members will receive their birthday bonus via email when they opt-in to electronic communications.
All members should be sure to register their Talbots Credit Card or Classic Awards Loyalty card at myTalbots so that their Classic Awards benefits -- including birthday bonus -- populate at checkout when purchasing on talbots.com.
How do I use my Birthday Bonus?
- Online: Enter your Classic Awards Loyalty or Talbots Credit Card number into the section titled Enter Classic Awards Number on the payment page in Checkout and click Apply. The discount will appear on the review page and be reflected in the item price
- By Phone: Let your Personal Shopper know that you have a Birthday Bonus to apply to your order.
- In Stores: Present the Birthday Bonus communication you received to your Associate at checkout.
What is a $25 Reward?
Classic Awards members receive a $25 Reward every time they earn 500 points. $25 Rewards can be used toward any future Talbots merchandise purchase of $25 or more. $25 Rewards are mailed each month; they will also appear in members online Classic Awards accounts as soon as they are available for use.
$25 Rewards are given on the basis of points earned on net purchases made with a Talbots Credit Card or a Classic Awards Loyalty card. Net purchases include all Talbots merchandise, Gift Card and e-Gift Card purchases minus returned merchandise, refunds and other adjustments; net purchases also exclude taxes and shipping and handling charges.
- Are valid for six months from their issuance date
- Are redeemable toward any Talbots merchandise purchase equal to or greater than $25.00 when making a purchase in stores, on Talbots.com or by phone at 1-800-TALBOTS (1-800-825-2687)
- May not be used toward payment on Talbots Credit Card account
- May not be used to purchase e-Gift Cards or Gift Cards
- Have no cash value
- Are nonrefundable
- Are not transferable
How do I use available $25 Rewards?
- Online: Enter your Classic Awards Loyalty or Talbots Credit Card number into the section titled Enter Classic Awards Number on the billing step in Checkout and click Add. Available $25 Rewards will be automatically applied at checkout or can be saved for later by unselecting them.
- By phone: Let your Personal Shopper know that you have $25 Rewards to apply to your order; they will request from you the Reward numbers to apply to your order.
- In Stores: Present the $25 Rewards you receive in the mail, to your Associate.
If I return an item paid for with my Talbots Credit Card, what happens to points I have earned?
If you are a Talbots Credit cardholder and return an item paid for with your Talbots Credit Card, your point total will be deducted by the number of points originally earned on the item returned. For example, if you return an item for $50, your point total will be reduced by 50 points. If you are a Talbots Premier cardholder and return an item paid for with your Talbots Credit Card, your point total will be deducted by the number of points originally earned on the item returned. For example, if you return an item for $50, your point total will be reduced by 62.5 points.
If I return an item paid for with a different form of payment, what happens to points I have earned?
Only Classic Awards Loyalty members earn points on non-Talbots Credit Card purchases. If you return an item paid for with a form of payment other than a Talbots Credit Card, your point total will be deducted by the number of points originally earned on the item returned. For example, if you return an item for $50, your point total will be reduced by 25 points.
If an item is returned that was ordered using $25 Rewards, will you also credit them?
Talbots does not actually credit the Reward; rather, you are credited the full amount of the returned item to your original method of payment. For example, if you purchased a dress for $100 and used a $25 Reward toward the purchase, you were billed $75 on your account. However, if you return the dress, Talbots will credit your account the full purchase price of $100.This applies whether the purchase was made with a Talbots Credit Card or another form of payment.
Can I pay my Talbots Credit Card bill online?
Yes, you can access your Talbots Credit Card Account at any time by simply clicking the Talbots Credit Card link in the bottom navigation bar from anywhere on our site.
My Talbots Information
Why do I need to register with MyTalbots?
To save time at checkout, to have fun with all the features of our site. Simplify shopping on talbots.com with these benefits:
- Store the addresses you ship to most, save and manage multiple payment methods, expedite checkout.
- Track orders and access your order history.
- Make a Wish List of favorite items. Save for later or email to others.
- Share your Voice: tell us your story, give us your insight.
- Enroll in Classic Awards Loyalty to start earning points.
- Register your Talbots Credit Card in MyTalbots then pay, and manage your account online.
- Check your Classic Awards points balance online.
Once you're registered with myTalbots, you can change your password, update your e-mail address and edit your saved information at any time.
How do I change my password or e-mail?
Once you're registered with MyTalbots, you can change your password or e-mail address at any time. Click on MyTalbots here or on the link in the upper right-hand corner of this page. Sign in to your account by entering your e-mail address and password. Click "Sign In." Click "Edit" in the Contact Information or Password box and edit your information.
Do you offer special sizes?
Amazing women come in every size and shape. Not coincidentally, our reimagined classics do as well. Impeccably tailored suiting, artfully casual and special-occasion pieces - most are offered in four distinctive size ranges: Misses sizes 2-20, Petites sizes 0-16, Woman sizes 12-24W, and Woman Petite sizes 12-22WP. Long Lengths designed for women 5'8"-6'0" are offered in a selection of jackets and pants. Many of our shoe styles are offered in narrow and wide sizes. Whether you fall into one size range or a combination, you'll find what fits at Talbots. Let us help you find the right fit for you.
Search makes it very easy to find what you're looking for. Search for an item category, sweaters for example, to return the most item results. Now you can fine-tune your search by size, by colors, by price and more, using the options shown in the left-hand menu.
Do your stores carry all of the items that are in your catalogs and on your website?
Each of our stores carries a slightly different assortment of items and range of sizes for the unique needs of customers who shop in each location. All the items that you see in our catalogs are available on our website. Go online to see the largest number of items for a season, in the most colors and all sizes currently available.
Transforming tradition also means we're re-thinking shopping. Shop online, through our catalogs, and in our stores, and find the Talbots item you crave, in the size you need, quickly and seamlessly. Ask us, call, or e-mail we're here to help.
What is the difference between Misses and Talbots Woman sizing?
Our Misses styles are proportioned for women 5'4"-5'8" who wear sizes 4-20. Our Talbots Woman styles, designed to fit and flatter a larger woman's figure, are perfectly proportioned for women who wear sizes 12W-24W and our Talbots Woman Petites styles are designed for women 5'4" and under who wear 12WP-22WP. Remember, numbers are simple guidelines to help you find the best fit: learning what looks best on you, regardless of size, is the secret to looking great. Whether you fall into one size range or a combination, you'll find what fits at Talbots. Let us help you find the right fit for you.
What is the best way to view Talbots website?
Our website is best viewed using the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
Do the color chips on your web site clearly represent the merchandise color selection?
We offer color chips for the merchandise on our web site in order to provide you with a representation of the colors we offer. Our intention is to accurately present these colors. However, based on the merchandise fabrication as well as the display and color capabilities of your computer monitor, there may be instances when the color chip is slightly lighter or darker than the actual merchandise.
Why am I having trouble logging onto MyTalbots?
How do I get on your mobile website?
For the best experience from your mobile phone, simply go to www.talbots.com. Our site will automatically recognize that you are viewing from a mobile device and direct you to our mobile site which is optimized for mobile phone viewing.
How do I go to your website from an iPad or other tablet device?
For the best experience from an iPad or other tablet device, simply go to www.talbots.com . You will be directed to the full website experience designed for desktop and tablet viewing.
Returns & Exchanges
Can I return or exchange my purchase if I'm not satisfied with it?
Yes. As a company known for its quality, we want you to be completely satisfied. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, Talbots will accept returns and exchanges of unworn, unwashed merchandise and unopened fragrance with a valid receipt within 90 days of purchase, unless defective. If you do not have a receipt, but the merchandise is still ticketed and returned within 90 days of purchase, a merchandise credit will be issued for the current selling price, including all applicable discounts and promotions. Merchandise marked as Final Sale cannot be returned or exchanged. Valid identification is required for returns and exchanges made without a receipt. Talbots stores cannot accept merchandise purchased from Talbots Outlet or Clearance stores.
Can I return or exchange purchases made at Talbots Outlets?
Yes. As a company known for its quality, we want you to be completely satisfied. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, Talbots will accept returns and exchanges of unworn, unwashed merchandise with a valid receipt within 30 days of purchase, unless defective. If you do not have a receipt, but the merchandise is still ticketed and returned within 30 days of purchase, a merchandise credit will be issued for the current selling price, including all applicable discounts and promotions. Merchandise marked as Final Sale cannot be returned or exchanged. Valid identification is required for returns and exchanges made without a receipt. Talbots Outlet stores can only accept merchandise purchased from Talbots Outlet stores.
How do I return or exchange purchases I made online or by phone?
Returns and exchanges must be made within the guidelines of our return policy. Merchandise purchased online or by phone can be returned to any Talbots store. (Please note that Talbots Outlet stores can only accept merchandise purchased from Talbots Outlet Stores.)
To Return by Mail:
- Fill out the Return Form enclosed with your package or include your original store receipt.
- For safety reasons, please ensure there are no pins/staples left on any merchandise or in your return package.
- Attach to the shipping box, the pre-paid SmartPost® label that came with your order.
- Give it to your postal carrier or ship it via USPS.
- Please note that a handling fee of $7.95 will be charged against your original method of payment.
The pre-paid shipping label can be used only on packages returned from a U.S. address. You are not required to use the pre-paid label. You may label the package yourself and ship it, pre-paid and insured, using the shipping provider of your choice to:
Talbots Customer Returns
1 Talbots Way
Lakeville, MA 02348
Please include the Return Form enclosed with your package (noting reason for return on the back) or your original store receipt. Please allow up to two billing cycles for refunds to appear on your credit card statement. Original shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
Can I return or exchange my Talbots Gift Card?
Talbots Gift Cards are not returnable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or check (unless required by law) or used as a credit or for payment on a Talbots Credit Card.